We do cater for dietary restrictions, however we mean actual restrictions, such as vegan, vegetarian, lactose intolerant and allergies and not simple preference.
2-Day 'Stoked like a Local'
This is the perfect weekend escape for those looking for a taste of the surfing lifestyle along with enjoying the best local experiences in the area. You will be based at accommodation located right at Muizenberg beach (only 40 minutes from Cape Town city center). We will surf two different beaches along the False Bay coast, explore unique local attractions and enjoy meals from the coolest local restaurants. We will teach you the basics of surfing from paddling to standing up, how to read the waves and surfing etiquette. By the end of these two days, you’ll be comfortable in the surf and have experienced the best wines, views and food through the eyes of a local.
CAMP DATES 2018:
CAMP DATES 2019:
LOCATION & INCLUSION
The surf camp accommodation is at a backpackers based right on the beachfront at Muizenberg Surfer's Corner. This backpackers has amazing views of the surf from the deck, a bar, self-catering kitchen and comfortable communal areas to relax after a long day of surfing in one of Africa's and Cape Town's most historic surf spots. The advertised pricing includes comfortable dorm room accommodation. Upgrades to private single or double rooms are available upon request and subject to availability.
- Lessons: 3 x 2-hour lessons
- Meals: Day #1: Dinner, Day #2: Breakfast & Lunch
- use of all surfing equipment during lessons
- surfing photographs (snapshots taken by coaches during the lesson) uploaded to the web
- return transfers from the city
- Wine Tasting
- Kalk Bay excursion
- Chapmans Peak drive
- Surf movie evening
- lunch (day 1: we recommend the fish ‘n chip café we take you to however there is a selection of good restaurants in the area where you can grab a bite to eat)
- dinner (day 2)
- snacks, soft drinks, bottled water, alcohol
- items of personal nature (including towels, sunscreen etc)
- optional activities (yoga-can be paid for in cash direct to yoga instructor)
- PRE- and POST-camp accommodation (ie the night prior to departure from Cape Town and the night of day 2 when we return to Cape Town). These can be arranged if needed at an additional cost.
- airport transfers (these can be arranged at an additional cost)
SURF GEAR & TRANSPORT
Stoked School of Surf will collect you from one of our designated city pick up points at 8:15-8:45am on day 1. You'll be transported to the beach in one of our surf school vehicles. On day 2, we will drop you off (at the same pick up point) at approximately 6:00pm after a weekend of sun, surf and fun.
We will provide you with a wetsuit and surfboard to use for each surf lesson. For those who have never surfed or who have only surfed a handful of times, we use our beginner specific soft boards making it easy to catch waves and stand up. As you progress through your lessons, the coach may move you onto different boards and you may even find yourself riding a regular 'hard' board by the end of the camp. For those who have surfed before and have an understanding of how to catch waves and handle a board in crowded conditions, we offer regular epoxy or fibreglass boards.
We use 4:3mm wetsuits that are well maintained and are sure to keep you warm for the duration of each 2-hour session. These surf camps are great for any visitor to the Mother City. They are also perfectly designed for party ideas and can make a great adventure for any team build or even a unique bachelorette or bachelors weekend. It’s all about sharing in the 'stoke'
What to bring & Faq's
- waterproof suncreen (zinc and or ‘Island Tribe’ recommended)
- bathing suit/boardshorts
- warm jacket
- bottle of water
- cash for refreshments, lunch on day 1, optional yoga lesson
Yes it is. We need to make sure about the amount of people who are attending and we need to know any dietary or medical conditions which may be pertinent.
We offer dorm room accommodation for most clients, but should you require more privacy, we can secure a Single or Double room.
Subject to the backpackers availability and pricing.